Monday, July 14, 2008

IF

As usual, Esther went to the Starbucks coffee shop beside her college after her class. She ordered chocolate frappucino as she need something to light up her day. She was not in a good mood, she just screwed her first quiz and she lost her favorite key chain this morning. She wanted to enjoy her afternoon with her favorite drinks in the comfortable coffee shop.

After she bought her drinks, she headed to the place she sits everyday. Suddenly, " Bang" a guy bumped into Esther and her drinks dropped on to the floor. Esther was so angry and she wanted to scold the bastard as loud as she can. But when she looked at the guy, she felt a electric signal passed from his eyes to her eyes. She is shocked, the guy's eyes are so gorgeous and his features are perfect. He is handsome! She never see such perfect looking guy before.

"Sorry miss, I'm so sorry about that. Do I hurt you? Can I buy you another drink? Hi miss, I'm so sorry about it. I said I could buy you another drink, why are you staring at me this way? Miss, I had apologized! Please don't be angry! Miss ! Miss! "

Oh my god, he is too perfect until Esther stun and looked at him for a long time.

"Huh? What? Oh, is okay. Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Chocolate Frappucino for you?"

"Ya. Please, thank you"

"Welcome, it is my pleasure. I think I have to go now. I apologize again, for what I have done just now. Bye. "

Oh, he is such a lovely guy. She just cant stop looking at him, she thinks she fell in love with this guy. However, everything came too fast, she never believe she can love someone at first sight and in such a short time. God must be joking with her. She is pretty and has so many admirers but she never like any of them. She is a typical Virgo, she only wants perfect stuff especially a boyfriend.

Esther felt very weird because she never see this guy although she had been living around this area for few years. She did not know his name, his number and where he lives, how is she going to meet him again? Oh..so sad..so sad...Esther told herself to forget about that guy because she knew that they are impossible to be together. She did not want to waste time in loving and waiting a stranger. She wanted to give up although he is so perfect. But, in her mind, she promised herself that she will fall in love with him if she met him again.

Next day, Esther went to the college as usual. She was quite happy because she only has Calculus class that day. Middle of the class, suddenly, there was 1 guy that knocked the door and came in. OMG, is him..is him..is the guy she met yesterday. "Why is him here?" "Is he a new student?" Esther was so excited and she started to smile at the guy.

"Class, we have a new guy today. Dean, please introduce yourself."

"Hi everyone, my name is Dean. I'm from Penang."

"Alright Dean, you are late today so you have to sit at the only empty space beside Esther."

Oh my god. When he walked to her place, he smiled at her. He still remembers her! She was very excited but she tried to hide her expression.

"Hi, we meet again."

"Hi."

They did not talk much in the calculus class. After class, Esther went down to the ground floor to wait her brother to pick her up.

"Hello, bro. Why are you so late? Where are you now? I had finished my class."

"Oh Esther, I'm so sorry. I'm afraid that you have to wait me for another half hour because I caught in a terrible traffic jam."

Esther sighed loudly because she had to wait her brother for so long and she had nothing to do. Oh, Starbucks! She can go to Starbucks and grab her breakfast. When she was walking to Starbucks, she thought of Dean. She could not believe that she met him again. Her heart start beating fast and she doubted that she fell in love with him. She told herself "If I met him in Starbucks today, I will fall in love with him."

Esther was enjoying her caramel machiatto and new york cheesecake at her favorite place. She can see the crowd that passing by Starbucks from the place.

Suddenly, she saw a familiar face. IS DEAN! She quickly grabbed the magazine on the table and pretending reading it. She don't want Dean to see her. He passed by her and she was relaxed because she knew he won't come in the coffee shop. But, she was totally wrong.

“Welcome, sir." She heard the barista and she quickly turned her head and looked at the entrance. Her heart started to beat very fast and her hands sweated. Is Dean! He came to Starbucks and she met him! This means that she has to fall in love with him! She couldn't believe so she blinked her eyes and looked at the entrance again. This time, she saw Dean waved to her and smiled at her.

Her mind went blank, the only thing she did was smile back to him.

"Hi, anyone is sitting here? Can I join you?"

"Oh, hi, sure, you can sit here."

"Thanks. Why are you alone here?"

"Herm, I'm waiting my brother to pick me up. How about you?"

"This is the second day I moved here. I do not have any friends and I do not know where to go."

"Oh I see. Why you moved to here? Where are your parents?"

"I came here to study. My parents had divorced and both of them had remarried. So, I have freedom to go anywhere I want."

"It must be very hard for you to live alone at this age."

"I'm used to it. Don't worry."

"Hey, my brother is here. I got to go. See you tomorrow in calculus class. Bye."

"Bye. Oh ya, you are very beautiful and I'm very happy to know you."

Esther blushed and she walked away shyly. Although Dean was not the first person to praise her, but she felt very happy. She was shocked because in the past 18 years, she was not soft-hearted. All of her admirers were rejected by a cold stare. Dean is the first guy that make her feel happy and nervous when she was together with him.

It's 7 in the morning. Esther was standing in front of her wardrobe, thinking what to wear to the college. Suddenly she saw a green color t-shirt that she never wears. She tried with a pair of jeans and it's nice. She was conscious with her dressing these days, she wanted to look nice in front of Dean. Suddenly, there was a weird thought came into her mind. "If he wears green tshirt and jeans today, I'll ask him for lunch and fall for him." Esther love to imagine and she's weird. She always comes out with stupid questions and she likes to bet with herself.

The way to college seems very long, she was very nervous and wanted to see how he dress. She can’t sit quietly in the class, she keep on look out of the class, can't wait to see him. Suddenly, a guy with green tshirt and jeans passed by but she cant see his face clearly. "Oh god, don't kidding with me. It must not be him. " God was not joking with him, it is Dean that dress in green tshirt and jeans. Esther felt like fainting when Dean waved at her. She couldn't believe everything come so true, whenever she bet with herself about Dean.

"Hi, Dean, are you free later?"

"Ya, I do not have any class after Calculus class. Why?"

"Can we have lunch together?"

"Sure."

Esther had no choice and asked him for lunch. She never asks a guy out before this, she was so shy and scared when she asked him out. They went to TGI Fridays to have their lunch. The restaurant environment is very nice. They chatted a lot that day, from their childhood to their family members, educations, hobbies, favorite movie and music and many more. They exchanged their mobile phone number too. Dean was very gentleman and he paid for their lunch. Esther was very happy and she fell more for Dean.

It's 3am in the morning, Esther still thinking about Dean. His smile, his spec, his face, his body, his emotions, actions, movements, etc..everything about him! She really fell in love with him. But she don't know what is in his mind. She scared that he already had another girl in his heart. Tears started to drop from her eyes. Although she is pretty and intelligent, she has low self-esteem especially in love matters. She had very strong feelings to Dean. She cant stop from thinking of Dean.

She started to imagine that they are together, they meet in the college and go to starbucks every day, they always go on vacation, Dean give him surprise on every Valentine's day and her birthday, they go to the same university and stay in an apartment together,they own their own business, they get married and many more romantic scenes...until she slept.

The next day when she woke up, she was so shocked that she received a few texts from Dean.

"Hi, Esther. It's 5a.m now. I could not fall in sleep the whole night. Can we chat?"

"I know it is ridiculous but my mind is full of you."

"I think I've fall in love with you."

"Can you be my girlfriend?"

"When you see this message, can you please think about the questions I asked you earlier?"

"If you agree, please wear the white dress u wore on the day we first met."

Esther was so excited when she saw all the messages from Dean. She was touched. She couldn't believe that Dean fell in love with her too. She quickly changed into the white dress and went to the college. She wanted to tell Dean "Yes! I wanted to be your girlfriend so badly!" immediately. She can’t wait to meet Dean. "What will Dean do to me after he saw me in the white dress?" "Will he hug me and make few turns or he will kiss me excitedly?" Oh, Esther's mind was full of all the romantic scenes.

When Esther stepped into the college, she saw Dean wearing the shirt he wore on the first day they meet too. He looked good in the white shirt. He was holding a bouquet of red roses in his hand. He walked to Esther and gave her the roses. He then shouted at the corridor, "Esther is my girlfriend!" . The people in the corridor cheered and clapped their hands. Dean then hugged Esther and gave her a kiss. He said at her ears, "You look gorgeous today. Thank you for being my girlfriend. I promise I will bring lots of happiness to you."

All of Esther's imagination came true after that. Esther was very happy because she dare to bet to herself and stepped the very first step. Dean and Esther live happily ever after.

No comments: