Monday, June 22, 2009

So what that we are different? chp 5

"Doctor, your girlfriend left you a message." Said a nurse

"Oh.. what was it?" Asked Issac after an operation

"She said she wont be home today."

"Ohh.."

"She left your daughter in your office." Said a nurse with checking on her watch "And also the girl called Tiffany, she admitted to the hospital few minutes a go. I suppose she is your a friend of yours." Added on the nurse and rose from her place and walked away.

"feel like visiting your college girl? hug her and ask what is wrong with her?" Whisper David beside his ears

"WTF! can you please stop whispering beside me?" said Issac

"Dont swear in the hospital" Said Ivan "Your college girl is ill.. I heard her faint in the morning."

"What? I thought she got into an accident?" Asked David

"No, she faint because of gastric." Said Ivan

"Can both of you tell me what is going on?" Asked Issac

"Not really sure about it.." Said David

"She was faint because of gastric while she was driving and 'boom' she got into an accident." Answered Ivan

"How do you know?" Asked Issac

"Doctor Gary told me." Answered Ivan

Issac looked at him and walked into his office.

"Hey where are you going!?" Asked Ivan

"Shouldn't he visit Tiffany?" Asked David

"Her daughter is alone in his office" Said a nurse

"What!?"

"Melissa bought her and told him she wont be home tonight. The whole nursing department is talking about it."

"Melissa... " Said David "How can she do that!?"

"Is she out of her mind!?" Asked Ivan "Eva is only 2! how can she be alone in Issac's office!?" He said and both of them walked quickly to Issac's office
____________________________________

"Eva, be good.." Said David gently "pass daddy the cutter..." and slowly walk over to a toddle.

"Issa..." Said Ivan when he open the door and he was stunned by what he saw. Eva a 2 years old toddle is holding a sharp cutter. the cutter was sharp, sharper than the normal ones.

"Let me do it." Said Ivan

"Eva... look here.." Said Ivan gently "Look what do i have..." and he slowly walked over to the baby girl and gently took over the cutter. the whole office was silent and Issac carried the Eva on his arm.

"How could she left Eva alone in the room!?" Said David angrily.

"She was too busy." Defended Issac by knowing how irresponsible is his girlfriend by doing this.

"Why the hell will you have such a sharp cutter in your office!?" Asked Ivan

"It's a 30 degree cutter, the other day, i borrowed it from Tiffany." Answered Issac "Ivan, can you please keep an eye on Eva? I feel like visiting Tiffany."

"Sure, she is in ward 2040." Said Ivan and Issac handed over Eva to him

"David.. call McDonald's please.. i am starving..." Said Ivan when he saw Issac shut the door

"Do we need to order for Issac?" Asked David

"Yes, order him a erm.. cheese burger." Said Ivan "I heard he was in the operation room more than 12 hours!?"

"Yup from 7pm to 7am." Said David "It was an emergency case. He rushed back to the hospital last night."
__________________________________

"How was her?" Asked Issac to another doctor by walking into the ward

"She is very lucky." Said the doctor

"She got into an accident and she climbed out of the car on time."

"You mean her car explode!?"

"Yes, she climb to a quite distance from her car. so when it exploded it didnt affect her."

"I am not dead yet." She said with her eyes closed

"You are just lucky!" Cried Issac

"Since when you have gastric!?" Asked Issac "Why didnt you tell me!?"

"I have it since primary." She said "I didnt know it will attack me out of blue."

"Did you have your dinner last night?" Asked Issac

"I had but during mid night i was hungry. However, i was too busy to eat so i ignore it."

"Ignore!?"

"Yup, and when i was having my breakfast while i was driving, it suddenly attacks me."

"Do you.."

"Issac, I need to leave now, do you mind taking over her case since you are a gastroenterologists? " Asked the doctor "Doctor Lucy is on leave, so you are the only gastroenterologists left."

"Well, yes." Said Issac and took over her health report that clipped on a wooden board

"Great then." The doctor said and walked out of the room

"Doctor, can I have a discount?" Asked Tiffany

"If you have your food when you are hungry you will not need to pay for this and your car!" Cried Issac

"As if I have a choice." She said "Can you please pass me my bag?" She pointed a brown bag on the sofa.

Issac handed to her and she took a stack of photos out.

"These are for you." She said "You look great in the pictures" she handed over some photos to Issac

Issac was silent and looking at the photos

"I used up too much of time by editing the photos, didnt left some out for my assignment. and i got into an accident." She said and smiled

"What the hell are you thinking!?" He said and pat her head "Do you know you nearly died!?"

"I only know that im still alive." She said

"Tiffany, stop visiting starbucks. Coffee is bad for people like you." He said

"you look worn out." She said

"I just done a non-stop 12 hours operation." He said

"Get a cup of coffee and you will feel better." She said "If you were to get one. buy me a lollipop please..."

"You shouldnt take heavy food for these few days."

"Ohh.. by the way, can you please keep this for me?" She passed a flash drive to him

"Why?" He asked

"there's a file named after you. there was some unedited pictures which look very pretty without editing it." She said " Please develop a set for me. highly appreciated, thank you"

"I will do it if i remember." He said

"How long do i need to stay here?" She asked

"2 days."

"Huh? Why cant i leave tonite? I dont dare to stay in the hospital!" She said

"Why?" He asked

"Hospital is so scary! I dont want! let me go home.. please..."

"No. your condition is not stable yet." he said "I need to go. i am really tired, will see you tomorrow." He walked out the room and thinking is it possible to visit her tonight

____________________________________________________

"Issac, is me Melissa" A women said on the other side of the phone

"What the hell is wrong with you!? how can you leave Eva alone in my office!?" Cried Issac

"I have an important meeting in the morning."

"Do you know she nearly cut herself just now?"

"Issac, I am different from you! I am not a doctor, I need to work!"

"I dont feel like talking to you right now! is not being a doctor or not, is being a responsible parent"

"I know you are mad at me right now but i am sorry." she said calmly "I am flying to London later for a week."

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

"I have nothing more to say." He said and hung up the phone. He turned around and he saw Tiffany was stunned

"You left your tag again." Tiffany said softly

"Oh.." He said

She took the flash drive on his hand, hang and clip it on his tag "By placing it here, you wont forget to develop the pictures." She said and smiled

"I will not forget, stop acting like a grandma." He said gently "Go and rest."

"Yea, leaving now. Bye." She waved and walked back to her ward.

No comments: