Friday, August 22, 2008

Birthday Story


"I am leaving now." Said a lady "Oh by the way, Happy Birthday."

"Birthday!?" The man was shock and looked at the calendar in front of him and he smiled "I glad you remember that. I almost forgot about it."

"It's your birthday boss." Said the lady while she is arranging the file on his table.

"Aha.. Birthday." He tease himself

"Yea. It's your Birthday." She said "I am leaving now, I have to pick up my son from his tuition class."

"Oh right, Bye." He said and he lighted his cigarette.

"Birthday!? You must be kidding." He told him self. He looked at his watch "Maybe I should go for a walk."
________________________________________________________
Night market is an event happens once or twice a week in most South-East Asia countries. This is a place that people used to sell vegetables, food and some cheap stuff like clothes and even plants.

"Hey, I would like to have a packet of Sugarcane juice." He said to the old man who is selling
He felt that someone was looking at him and he looked around and he found a very lovely girl is staring at him in a way that no one stared at him before. He gave her a very heart melting smile and turned away.

"Oh My God! Look at him! He made me melt." She told herself. It was so packed in the night market she wanted to walk to him and greet but she failed. He left before she reach him. This was the first time she wanted to go for someone she adores. She used to just look and do no action but this time it was different.

"Who was that girl?" He asked himself while he was driving. He wonder do he knows her? He cant stop wondering who was she and why was she staring at him in such a different way. Her huge eyes and pale look just cant get off of his mind. He thought of her every moment, she was like something and someone that means something to him.

"Sir..SIR!" The baristas cried.

"Yea!?" He was thinking of her again!

"Your coffee is ready." The baristas said

"Oh thank you." he grabbed the coffee and a girl cried

"Hey! That's mine."

"Oh!" Now he noticed it wasn't the hot latte he ordered but it was something cold "I am so sorry! I didn't notice that it was Iced..." He was stoned when he saw the girl who cried. Now he can see her clearly. How lovely was her. Her huge eyes on her tiny heart shaped face.

"Oh My God! It is you!" She cried "Oh you probably don't remember me ..."

"No, I do remember you." He said before she finish her line

"Oh..." She was shocked by his words. What!? He remember me!? He actually remember me!? Since today was her birthday, does this consider a present from the god?

"So, what are you doing in the shopping mall so early in the morning?" He asked after a few seconds of silent.

"Oh my college is just beside the mall." She answered "Oh! I am going to be late! I got to go. You know what? Maybe we can catch up tomorrow at the same time." and she rushed away

__________________________________________________________

"You look happy today, boss." Said the lady "Or I should say you look delight"

"Oh Really?" He smiled "So who is dying today?"

"Doctor there is an emergency coming in two minutes." Said a nurse walked into his office

He didn't not answer a word, he quickly wore his white doctor's coat and rush to the ER(emergency room).

"A pregnant women, aged 37." Said the nurse while they are rushing to the ER

"37!? What a dangerous age to have a baby!" He said

"Okay people, it's showtime." He said

"Her water is broken" Said the nurse

"Well, lets do it." He said "Okay you will be just fine. you baby will be coming out now. All you have to do is lie back and push."

"OK now push whenever you are ready." He said "Push... push...push.. that's it... push..you are doing great.. push...OK now one final push and that's it!" He carried the baby and he said again "Oh it's a baby boy."

"Doctor, there is another emergency in room 4." Said the nurse, he quickly passed the baby boy to another doctor and rush to another room.

"You know what? I am kinda tired working in the ER." He said while he is in a surgery.

"This is life man!" Said the other surgeon. "Guess what? I threw 25 shirts and 3 pants yesterday."

"Oh I haven't pack mine." He replied

"Why do you throw it?" Asked a trainee.

"Because it all stained with blood!" The surgeon said "You know it's really sick when you changed from the ugly green surgery clothe to your owns and ready to go home and Emergencies came and you have to do everything with your own clothes."

"Yea.. I know." He said "That day a old women puked blood on my brad new Emporio Armani. I was like what the hell!"

"Okay we are done here." The surgeon said "Let's go for coffee"

"Lovely!" He answered "You*pointing at the trainee*, clear up this mess, as you know we are going for coffee"

"Dude don't feel sad." Said the surgeon "When we were a trainee those old hacks did that to us too."
______________________________________________________

"Iced Mocha please" She said to the cashier

"Hot Latte please" He said right after she ordered

"One bill?" Asked the cashier

"Yes" He answered

"Oh no!" She defended

"No make it one bill." He said "Let me buy you a cup of coffee"

"Oh I don't know it was you."She turned back and she saw his handsome face

"Is okay. So are you rushing today?" He asked

"No."

"Then please sit, I have a question that i would like to ask you."

"What?"

"That day in the night market. Why did stare at me that way?" He asked

"Oww... Do I have to answer that?" her cheek blushed

"Oh of course"

"I don't know. Maybe because you were too attractive"

"Were?"

"Oh No, you are still attractive now."

"Is it?"

"Yea of course" She said quickly

His phone rang and he said

"I got to go now. May be I can buy you something more than a cup of coffee tomorrow." he smiled and walked away

p/s I just wanna say Xinyi, happy bday!

No comments: