Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So what that we are different? chp 15


"It has been a while not see those kids." Asked Clair with a kettle of coffee

"I want my coffee" Said Anthony with an uneasy tone

"Terrius, where's Tiffany?" Clair asked and ignored her husband

"They are on holiday now. She went back to her home country." He said calmly while reading the newspaper

"They are on holiday?" she looked at Anthony "Why are you still working?"

"I want my cup of coffee." he repeated without answering her questions

"When is their holiday going to end?" Asked Clair and she ignored her husband again

"Tiffany emailed me the other day." said Terrius "Should be in 3 weeks time"

"I thought you are going to visit your mother in Taiwan?" She asked

"I went and I came back." He said "I am going to settle some stuff here and returning to Japan next week" he placed the newspaper on the bar counter and asked "Refill please"

Clair poured some coffee on his cup "Thank you"

"Damn you! I want my cup of coffee!!!!" Yelled Anthony

"Pour your self!" Answered Clair and placed the kettle infront of him rudely

"Anthony..."

" What?"

"Will you do anything if you know one of your students is on drug?" He asked

"Depends. if is just for fun, i wouldnt mind."

"What if he is addicted?" he asked

"Who are you talking about?"
"Eliot. it seems like, it's affecting his life." He said "Before that, i thought he just did it for fun like what we did in college. but he seems to be addicted."

"I thought he returned to Scotland?" asked Anthony

"I saw him taking it before the holiday, when i was in Tiffany's apartment." he answered "maybe he went back to Scotland now, i dont know."

"did you consult him or anything?"

"I wanted to, but i dont have the chance" he said "Tiffany seems to be very worried"

"I will try and talk to him when i see him" answered Anthony "His dad sent him to Aussie because he was too spoilt to be in UK. but now it seems like it isnt working"

"Is it?"

"He father is one of the dukes in UK." Answered Anthony "if i am not wrong, should be Duke of Gordon."

"I never know he has a strong family background." said Clair

"Strong!?" Asked Terrius

"I mean... whatever.."

"He wasnt a nice person?" Asked Terrius

"I think he wasnt." Said Anthony "He does changed when he became close with Tiffany and the others. He turned to a better person."

"They are good kids." Said Terrius

"Is Steven on drugs too?" Asked Anthony

"Nope, they were very worried about him."

"Morning!" Said a young girl

"Tiffany!?" Cried Clair

"What are you doing here?" Asked Terrius "Arent you on holiday!?"

"I was bored at home so i came back." She said with a fake smile.

"...." Terrius was silent and looked at the differents before she left Sydney and now. she doesnt seems right to him, infact he can feel that she was lying

"What are you doing so early in the morning?" Asked Anthony

"Coffee to go." Said Tiffany "I am going for work later!" She said cheerfully

"Work!?" Cried Anthony "Which ID firm will hire a blur case idiot like you?"

"Nope, im going to work at the fine dining restaurant down the street."

"As what?" Asked Terrius

"Chef!" She said

"You mean, washing dishes in the kitchen right?" Asked Anthony

"Can you stop it!?" Cried Clair "Give her some support!"

"Why would they hire you?" Asked Terrius "You dont have any experience."

"I told them, im interested." She said

"Did they interviewed you?" Asked Anthony

"Yes."

"I can tell why now." Said Anthony "There's really nothing good about you, but always full of confident on presentations and interview. i think that's your only talent."

"Your coffee is here.." Said Clair "Is on house to today. good luck." She said and smiled

"Thanks darling!" she said "Bye!" and she walked out th cafe

"Is she going to work at the very unique restaurant?"

"I think so, that the only fine dining restaurant around here."

"The one that is famous of....."

"Yes"

___________________________


"Bye, see you guys tomorrow." Said Tiffany and walked out the restaurant by the door behind of the restaurant

"Tif" Terrius cried

"Hey, you are here!" Said Tiffany and grabbed the right hand of the man "Is very cold tonight"

"Yea." He said "How was work?"

"Fun, i learned something today. they were very kind to me." She said "Working in the kitchen is not easy at all."

"really?"

"I can see the disappointment on the chef's eyes when some food were unfinished and the anger in they eyes when there were send back."

"Tif.." he said and stopped walking
"Yea?"

"Why did you come back in a suddenly?" Asked the man with a cigarette on his hand

"...." She was silent was walked a little away from him "Terrius, can i not talk about it?" She asked

"Im just asking, if you dont feel comfortable is okay." He said and placed her hand into his long coat's pocket "Arent you complaining that it's cold?" He asked with a smile

"yea.." She said

"Sir, would you like to buy one for your girlfriend?" Said a little girl with a hat and a basket of a pink and a blue fairy floss

"He is not my..." She wanted to explain but she decided not to

"Yes, i will have one." He said "A pink one."

"This is the last pink one, Sir." She answered "God bless you."

"Wait, I will have blue one too." He said

"Thank you sir. You made my day." She said with a smile and walked away

"Is it because it's the last one?" She asked

"Yes, so that she can go home and rest." He said and handed the pink one to Tiffany "My grandmother used to tell me, something like this.."

"What?"

"Make a wish before you start eating a fairy floss and your wish will come true. If you share a fairy floss with your love ones, you will be with the person forever." He said

"Are you trying to ask to offer my pink one to you?" She asked

"Maybe." He said

"Why dont you offer your blue one to me?" She asked

"I will be a loser if you said no." He laughed

"Never try, never know." she said

He stuffed some blue fairy floss into her mouth without asking her. "I think you dont have a chance to reject me now." He said and laughed out loud

"You are such an evil." She said

"Not really." He said unwrap the pink fairy floss as well. he combined both together "Hold it with your left hand." He said and he hold her right hand

"How am i going to eat!?" She said and he stuff some fairy floss onto her mouth again

"Like this." He said "I will look very gay if i hold it."

"What a reason." She mocked and they walked down to the street by holding each other's hands

No comments: