Friday, February 18, 2011

A sweet escape

"Pink or baby blue?" a girl with pony tail cried

"What do you need this time?" A women replied her, and looked at the girl with pony tail and cried "Oh my god! For heaven's sake where on Earth did you get all these?" The women was instantly shocked by all the labels she saw on the girl's table. "Versace, LV, Gucci, TopShop, Zara, Cotton On, Cotton On Body, Nike, Romantic cue? From Exclusive brands to affordable to sporty and some random brands. How long have you been saving all these?" She was so impress at her sister's labels collection. She didn't know that was she impress because its were so awesome or how can her little sister keeping all these rubbish for this long.

"Since high school, sis." The girl replied "Awesome eh?"

"Guess so." The women replied "What are these for anyway?"

"Valentines present." The girl smiled

"Ohh, that's sweet but will he likes it?"

"Of course!" The girl said and smiled very sweetly. She was so in love at that moment.

pause. Here it goes, I was that girl. I was trying to frame something really cute for my ex-boyfriend. I was trying to create a huge page of scrape book and frame it, am I creative or what? Oh right, by the way My name is Zoey. not Zoey101 but just Zoey. right I know cut the lame joke, you don't care.

"White frame or the wooden one?" I asked myself while listening to my Ipod.

"It depends on what are you going to frame, I guess." A voice told me.

"Which one is cuter? White! But he is a guy..." I asked myself again.

"Wooden one should look more vintage while the white one might ended up looking sweeter." The voice said again

"Maybe I should get it later when I make up my mind." I told myself

"The white one suits you more." The voice said again

Now, I am feeling really freaky, I mean should the voice be the other me? I looked around and I saw a guy was right beside me! I didn't realised that I actually talked to myself instead of just a thought. That was really embarrassing.

"Oh my god!" I cried, embarrassed.

"Is okay" he smiled. "So which one are you going to get?"

"I don't know, Maybe I will get it later." I said "Good bye."

"Bye." He replied
____________________________

"Zoey! you are so embarrassing." My sister burst into laugher when I told her what happened.

"I know. So, which one do you think I should get huh?" I asked and lying on the bed

"I don't know, I am not as artistic as you." She said

"You ain't helping!" I protested

"Hey, I am more interested on how did that guy look like?" She said

"Tall, fair? blonde, but I am pretty sure he is an Asian just like us." I said

"Oh come on, most of us looks horrible with blonde coloured hair." She said

"Since when did i mention he is handsome?"

"Oh fine!." She said and continue her make up

"But you know, he is not bad looking." I said in blue "He doesn't looks like a local. Something different, I can't tell where was he from but not local"

"Mystery guy huh?"

"No so, just someone I bump into."

"Then stop talking about him."

"Just to tell you that he is not ugly, in fact I think he looks very cute in blonde hair. like an albino baby." I smiled

"albino is not cute! stop being cruel Miss Zoey!"

"I am not! He is cute!" I protested loudly

"Why are you screaming?" My mother walked in

"She was saying she met a really cute guy at Ikea just now while shopping for a photo frame for Steven as a Valentine present." My sister said

"Oh that's what I am going to tell both of you." My mother said "Please make yourself available on this Valentine's day. Your cousin is getting married."

"WHAT!?" I cried

"Oh yes, be good."She said and walked out the room

"So, what are you going to do?" My sister asked me

"Aren't you celebrating with your husband?" I asked

"I am fine actually." My sister said

"I don't have a choice then." I answered
__________________________________

The wedding was small, warmed. This is actually my cousin's second marriage, the first one was huge but this one was small, only some family members and close friends attended. The bride was young and pretty, my dad told me that she is not local, she is a Thai. She was lean and have a tan skin tone with really nice body figure. in short, she is hot. yes, mad awesome hot and friendly as well.

Well, whatever is it, I am just not in the mood. I broke up with my 2 years boyfriend. I can't stop thinking about that day he told me about breaking up, I felt beaten. I should be the one who break up with him but why everything turned upside down?

"Stev, you know I won't be free on Vday." I Said softly

"Hey, we should talk." He said

"Yea?" I asked, wondering was he angry about what I have just said

"We should have a short break, girl" He said "We are different. I can't and I don't think I will ever be the one you are seeking for."

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I love you Zoey but this is not how it should work. You should be with someone better than me. Someone that can provide you what you need. I am feeling very tired being with you, you made me feel that I am so useless."

"ZOEY!" My sister cried

"Huh!?" I looked at her direction

"The bride and groom is entering the room! stand up!" She said

"Oh okay." Didn't they just entered just now? whatever.

Everyone was having a lot of fun during the dinner. My cousins were snapping photos all around with their blackberry, Iphone, Lomo, and etc. Me? I was sitting there alone. To be honest, I never enjoy this kind of gathering. I am scare of people, when it comes to a lotsa people, I feel scared, is a kind of phobia that I can never overcome.

"Why are you alone here?" A familiar voice said

"Huh!?" I turned back and I saw that guy from Ikea! "You hair.."

"I dyed it just now right before the dinner." He said "It's chestnut brown now."

"Ohh.." I said "You look better now." I said and quickly added "You look really cute before, is just different and I like this more."

"Okay." He said and sat at my sister's seat "Did you buy your photo frame?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Is not a need any more." I said and smiled "Are you related to the bride?"

"Yes, I am her cousin." He said

"You look different from her." I said "You are so fair."

"I am her cousin not her direct brother." He explained "My late grandfather was a German."

"Oh.." I said

"I heard you are not a pure Malaysian-Chinese?"

"No, One of my ancestor was Russian, Thai and Austrian. But those were old stories, I dont think it affect any of our look"

"You look very much like a Thai." He said

"I know, when I was in Bangkok, most people mistaken me as a Thai." I smiled

"You don't look happy. Did you miss a date because of this wedding?" He asked

"Nope, There wasn't any date."

"That's weird." He said

"How about you?"

"Haven't met anyone that serious enough to spend my Valentine with." he said

Both of us were silent and I felt really comfortable that he was beside me.

He was staring at me and I can feel that he was scanning every inch of my face. I pretended that I didn't know he was staring at me and looking at the entrance.

"Oh god!" I cried

"What!?" He asked

"The golden bag!" I pointed at a women who passed by the entrance of the ballroom

"What's with it?"

"I wanted to buy it form Nine West the other day. Actually it was 6 months ago but my sister stopped me from being a shopperholic." I said "I spent too much"

"Come, I am going to bring you to a brand new magical world." He rose and pulled me away
________________________________

"Here we are." he said and stopped his car.

"Where!? Nine West!?" What on Earth is going on!?

"Wait in the car." He walked into the shop and walked out after 10 minutes with empty hands.

"What's going on?" I asked

"This stop is not magical enough for you." He said and moved on

"You are crazy." I said and looking at his handsome face. Hoe could I not realised how good looking was this man when I was at Ikea looking for the stupid photo frame? His captivating eyes that will turned into a crescent moon shaped when he smile and his straight nose with a sexy thin lips. isn't he the prince in almost every girl's dream?

"here!" he passed a huge paper bag to me. " Do not peek until we get to the magical place."

"I don't know anywhere magical in town." I said

"I am going to bring you there today and you will be my princess." he said and smiled

"YOUR princess?"

"Yes, mine." he said

"I know it's the bag. isn't?" I asked

He gave me a quick glanced showing his dissatisfaction and said "Can you don't ruin the surprise? It's really annoying you know?"

"I knew it." I said "I will not accept anything from a stranger"

"But you are on a stranger's car." He said "Open it. I pretty sure this was the one the girl was using."

"yes, it is." I said "I love their new designed label"

"What label?"

"This." I showed him the paper label written the word Nine West on it. "I have a huge collections of labels at home"

"This is interesting." He said "I would like to have a look at it"

"Of course you would." I said

"I used to collect buttons." He said

"That's funny." I said "I have a collection of buttons as well, but i think labels are more interesting."

"Do you like the bag?" he asked

"Love it" I smiled like a 6 years old

"it's just nine west, how would you smile if it's a Hermes!?"

"Is not about the price you pig head. Is about how much effort did one put into to get you a gift!" I corrected him

"Really?" He said "What do you think about hand made gifts then?"

"How about you? Can you tell me first?" I asked with a slight hope that he will like it.

"Erm, it really depends." He said "however, I will really appreciate it."

"That's very nice of you." I said

"Here we are." He stopped his car on a private park.

"I been here many times." I said "I thought it was beautiful but never magical." I said

"Wait here." He said

He walked away and I was staring at the lake. I sat done at the bench and was thinking I must be dreaming, I just have a sweet escape from my cousin's wedding?

"Zoey." he cried and ran to me

"How do you know my name?" I asked "Your sister cried it out during the dinner, remember?" He said

"Oh crap!" And I saw him with a bunch of pink balloons and roses. the roses weren't nicely wrapped but just tied its up with a white ribbon with a butterfly bow on it.

"Roses, Balloons, oh no, chocolates..." He said

"Hey! Is okay.." I said

He hold my hand that was holding the roses and whisper "You know I never believe love at first sight, I thought it was all bullshit. Especially a girl who was shopping for a photo frame for her boyfriend."He looked at me closely "Do you want a new boyfriend?"

"Are you going to introduce anyone to me?"

"Yes, myself."

"Lamer! This is the lamest way to go after a girl."

"Is okay, as long as I got my girl." He said and hugged me.

okay, i know you are craving for the ending now. it's simple, we argue and fought a few times and we eventually got married on a Valentine's day. We are certain about how many people is going think that we are selfish and etc, but seriously, we dont care.
end.
=D

No comments: