Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Devil Guardian 3

"Good day Miss Brigitta." Said the boy who works in the stable

"Good day." she answered

"What can i do for ye miss?"

"I am looking for a challenging horse."

"Com with me." the young boy said and bought her inside to the stable and they saw the duke was inside petting his horse.

"Good day ye grace." the young boy said

"What are you doing here?" the duke asked Brigitta

"I though of riding your grace." She said "I heard you have your finest horse is in London."

"Yes, riding but shouldn't you be preparing for the party tonight?" He questioned curiously

she walked a few steps inner to the stable and said softly "i am nervous. I am afraid that i too old."

"Brigitta, look at me." he said "There is no such thing as too old. you look lovely just like your mother. You will be a success my dear."

"You seen my mother before?" she asked in surprise "How do you think she look like? Is she very much like me?"

"Well, i never met her before, but that's what your father told me." He said "Well, that's not important at all Brigitta. what we should concern now is who shall you be married to. i would love to find you someone who can manage the large sum of money your father left you and love you forever." he said and thought love will never last forever, if it will he wouldnt be staying overnight at so many married women's place. he laughed dryly.

"My mother was very much like me, and this was why my father used to look at me as if i was her sometimes." she said sadly

"Dearest, i think you should be getting ready now. go to your room and be the prettiest young lady in the party." he said "perhaps you can join me for riding tomorrow morning. and the finest horse is in the country not here."

"Oh that's lovely, for sure join you tomorrow your grace. thank you for inviting me." she said and ran into the mansion

_______________________________

"May i invite you for a dance?" A young man asked Brigitta

"Yes, of coz." She answered

"My name is Gabriel, my father is Sir Thomson Lee"

"Nice to meet you Gabriel." She said and smile.

she felt some where something not right about this young man. his smile and action looked awkward to her. He doesn't looked like happy or perhaps he was force to dance with her.

"Thank you it was a wonderful dance." She said and walked to the garden

The parties and attention she wanted all time is not like what she thought it would be after all. Her mother was an Austrian. Her mother used to tell her how wonderful is the balls and parties while she was in Vienna. Her mother was from a well hounded family in Austria, She was raised in Vienna until her father was asked to on duty in India. her father send her back to the country so that she will be well looked after y her grandmother which passed away 3 years ago.

The duke saw her and he cleared his throat "Why are you here?" He asked

"I though of getting some fresh air your grace." She answered and rose from the stone she sat

"No.. sit.." He said "Please.. sit." He said and sat on the stoned bench she was sitting.

"Are you not enjoying the party? I saw a few gentlemen invited you for a dance. and if i werent mistaken the son of Sir Thomson invited you twice."

"Yes, he did." She answered

"He must be interested in you."

"Perhaps he is." She answered quietly and looked inside the ballroom. "It is Landler, the Austrian folk dance."

"I didnt know you know that." he said

"Oh.. of coz i do, my mother was an Austrian."

"What a coincident, my mother was an Austrian as well." He said and he rose "May I?" He invited her for a dance in the garden

"I dont know if i still remember it.... but yes."

"Oh im sorry." She stepped on his foot. "I dont.. really remember the steps..'

"is okay." He smiled and they continue the dance

"Here you are." A man said

"Oh.. hi George." The duke said and stopped the dance

"This must be Brigitta." Said George "Why are you here?"

"I thought of getting some fresh air." She said "I am going to join the party again." She said and smiled

"And what are you doing here?" He asked the duke

"fresh air as well.,,, i suppose" He simply answered

"Fresh air? this is not funny my friend." George mocked

"I am tired of being under the spot light. since this is a party for Brigitta, I shouldn't be the one who is stealing her thunder." He said

"How thoughtful of you."

"As always" said the duke
_____________________
i will stop here first. i know is kinda short this chapter. but my inspiration stopped here. im so sorry. hope you guys will enjoy it. have a beautiful Sunday.

No comments: